Presenting in the Rough 2021
Are you a doctoral student or faculty member looking for ways to dynamically present your research to a variety of audiences?
The purpose of this PDW is to bring together a group of scholars who are interested in finding new, innovative, and compelling ways to craft and deliver presentations. The PDW will be conducted in three parts—a series of presentations, a moderated discussion, and breakout discussions. The theme for this year’s PDW is “The Art of the Academic Job Talk.” Panelists will present on specific topics such as how to architect a compelling slide deck, hone in on what to present, prepare and rehearse, engage a multi-disciplinary audience, and navigate a virtual job talk. Although the focus of this session is on job talks, many of the strategies can be applied more broadly.
The following scholars will serve as panelists:
- Rachel Arnett (The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania)
- Anthony Klotz (Mays Business School, Texas A&M)
- Siobhan O’Mahony (Questrom School of Business, Boston University)
- Ryan Raffaelli (Harvard Business School)
Anyone who wants to improve or touch up on their presentation skills.
When and Where?
No preregistration is required.
- Bess Rouse (Boston College)