Call for Papers / Award Nominations to be Distributed to AOM Listservs in 2020
Academy of Management (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
In light of changes in the AOM 2020 programming the following call for papers has been amended and the deadline has been extended.
Thanks to a sponsorship from the Kauffman Foundation, the Academy of Management, Managerial and Organizational Cognition division is pleased to announce two annual awards for promising research on the topic of entrepreneurial cognition. The purpose of this award program is to identify innovative research in entrepreneurial cognition, that is relevant to questions related to entrepreneurs and their firms as well as to relevant practitioners and policymakers. Research that has direct practical implications and that addresses pressing economic and/or social problems is especially appropriate for these awards.
Best Paper in Entrepreneurial Cognition
This award is given to the student, practitioner or faculty member who is the sole or primary author on the paper.
Award nominations should be submitted to Matthew Grimes at email@example.com by June 30, 2020. Submissions should include “Best Paper in Entrepreneurial Cognition Nomination” in the subject line, attaching the original paper to be considered and the primary author’s CV. The award winner will receive $1000.
Criteria & Submission Process
- The best paper will be selected based on importance of the topic to the study of entrepreneurial cognition, contribution to the existing literature, and relevance to practice.
- Original papers are encouraged but published work can be submitted.
- One entry per author is permitted.
- Applicants worldwide are welcome to apply, but all materials must be submitted in English.
- Applicants must have no current existing financial relationship with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.