6th Annual Reviewing in the Rough
Reviewing in the Rough is a two hour workshop taking place at this year’s Academy of Management Annual Meeting in Anaheim on Friday, August 5, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. This workshop will provide participants an opportunity to gain key insights about the review process and quality reviewing from Associate Editors and Editorial Board Members at leading journals in our field. Before the conference, participants will complete their own reviews of an Organization Science original submission, then discuss and receive feedback on these from experienced scholars in roundtable sessions. Participants will learn exclusive background information about the original submission from the author himself, along with the actual reviews of his original submission and how they helped shape the final manuscript.
This is the 6th year of RIR and we are thrilled to have many outstanding scholars participating including (in alphabetical order): Neal Ashkanasy, John Bingham, James Combs, Erik Dane, Cristiano Guarana, Andrew Knight, Glen Kreiner, Suzanne Masterson, Frits Pil, Michael Pratt, and John Paul Stephens. For RIR pictures please click here.
Click here for testimonials
Doctoral students and junior faculty who wish to work on their reviewing skills.
To reserve your spot, please complete the following steps:
1. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to request a copy of Andrew Knight's manuscript submission, "Mood at the midpoint: Affect and change in exploratory search over time in team that face a deadline.
2. Complete a formal review of this manuscript (i.e., approximately two single-spaced pages).
3. E-mail your completed review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We will e-mail you the registration code for the PDW.
5. Register for the PDW at the 2016 AOM PDW registration website.
Please note that spots in the workshop will be allotted to the first 25 doctoral students and junior faculty members who submit their completed reviews before July 1.
Please send any questions to Beth Devine at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim!