Discussion: View Thread

Call for 2023 WAM Ascendant Scholar Nominations

• 1.  Call for 2023 WAM Ascendant Scholar Nominations

Posted 11-04-2022 17:25

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to invite nominations for the Western Academy of Management's 2023 Ascendant Scholar awards. This prestigious honor, which has been awarded to many of the most promising and highest-achieving scholars in our field, recognizes early career scholars with no more than seven years since Ph.D. graduation. 

Although excellent teaching and service are appreciated, we are primarily seeking to acknowledge "ascendant" international scholars as evidenced by the quality of their published scholarship in top-tier publications. In addition, we seek scholars with an overall research trajectory that looks promising for future continued productive endeavors.

Preference is given to nominees who are current members of the Western Academy of Management and who have regularly attended WAM meetings, but our past awardees have clearly not been limited to this group.

How to Nominate Someone for the Ascendant Scholar Award

To nominate a candidate for the Ascendant Scholar Award, please email the following to me at khinrichs@csuchico.edu with a subject line: WAM ascendant scholar 2023.

• A nomination letter that clearly summarizes how the nominee meets the award prerequisites.
    • The CV of the ascendant scholar nominated, as well as any additional supporting document and relevant information.

Nominations are due no later than Monday, December 12, 2022. WAM's Executive Committee will review nominations after the submission deadline. Candidates selected to receive the award will be notified in a timely manner and must commit to attending the WAM 2023 Conference to be eligible to receive the award.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration of individuals to nominate for this prestigious award. I would be most grateful if you would consider forwarding this call to your colleagues in the Western Academy of Management region, who might help us identify deserving candidates.

Sincerely,

Kim Hinrichs, Past President

Western Academy of Management, Executive Committee

------------------------------
    Alex Bolinger
    Professor
    Idaho State University
    Pocatello ID
    (208) 251-6609
    ------------------------------